Log Cabins, Garden Home Offices & Garden Buildings come in so many shapes and sizes nowadays that cost simply cannot be defined as one average price. The price of your log cabin will be dictated by quality of the cabin you buy, its size and layout and any optional extras you decide to have.
Continue reading to find out more…
You Need To Carefully Consider All The Factors Related To Your New Log Cabin Before Choosing a Supplier
For example, air conditioning – a must if you plan to use the cabin as a home office or some other usage where ambient temperature will be a factor.
That’s why it is imperative you take your time and consider carefully factors like – seasonal usage, build quality, doors and windows, security, location, room layouts, optional extras and aspect (don’t forget this one! – where does the sun rise, shine and set, in your chosen location)
Once you have carefully noted all the relevant factors and you know roughly what you want, then it’s time to begin researching potential log cabin suppliers.
Because a quality log cabin is a ‘considered purchase’, probably likely to cost several thousand pounds, you need to do due diligence on the shortlist of log cabin suppliers you identify.
So the question is not only ‘How much does it cost to build a log cabin’ but also who is the best company to buy from?
We Suggest Using The Following Check List When Choosing Who To Supply And Install Your Log Cabin –
- Is the company well established?
- Does their website have plenty of informative and relevant information (not just hot air)
- Do they have evidence of their work – ie supplying and erecting/installing high quality log cabins and other garden buildings?
- Can you view a gallery of their cabins?
- What is their reputation? Do they have a large majority of very positive reviews? (which seem genuine, not fake)
- Do they offer a wide range of cabins
- Is there a ‘bespoke’ option, so you can design your own layout, room sizes etc?
- Do they provide an installation and basework service? If so what quality of materials and workmanship?
- Are there a good range of optional extras available? – such as air conditioning & heating – felt shingle or rubber slate roofing – electrical packages – Wi-fi points – good quality insulation – painting & preservation
- Can they help and advise you regarding any planning issues?
- Will they offer you a free site survey to discuss with you your ideas and any questions you may have?
- Do they have a quality brochure, either printed or available online?
- Do they have a physical locations where you can visit and actually view their log cabins?
Is there an average or ball park price for the cost of a good quality Log Cabin?
For a high quality log cabin, as opposed to a glorified shed, you should expect to pay upwards of £2,500. The cost would then rise according to any optional extras you may deem necessary.
Creative Living Cabins satisfy every single one of the criteria above and our cabins start at around £3,000 (this price includes all basework and installation)
Here are some useful links –
Or to find out more about our high-quality garden buildings, and the various options available to you, explore our website, or give us a call on 0800 644 6442, or make an appointment to visit one of our display villages.